|Admission to Honors
The University Honors Program is designed to enhance the Miami experience for our most motivated, intellectually curious students. The primary pathway by which students enter our program is through their college admission to Miami University.
In addition, current Miami students on the Oxford campus can apply for admission to the Honors Program during the Fall 2014 semester. Students at Miami University’s two regional campuses can also apply to be a part of the Honors Program.
Application Information for:
There are no minimum criteria to be considered for the University Honors Program. Please visit the appropriate link above to learn more about the admissions process. Students who are admitted into the program typically have outstanding academic records and impressive accomplishments outside of the classroom.
Admission into the University Honors Program is both competitive and comprehensive. Review of applicants includes multiple academic and contextual variables, including the following (listed in alphabetical order):
- Civic-mindedness and engagement
- Class rank
- Critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork
- Extra- and co-curricular involvement
- Grade point average
- Intellectual curiosity
- Potential contributions to diversity of perspective, including breadth of life experiences, race/ethnicity, geography, ideology, lifestyle, socioeconomic status, or worldview
- Self-awareness and internal motivation
- Special abilities, talents, and achievements
- Standardized test scores
- Strength of high school curriculum
- Writing ability